Tuesday, May 27, 2008

B E A U T I F U L

Okay, when has the word beautiful become extinct? Beautiful, gorgeous, pretty, breath-taking. Any of those words will do.  My ex-boyfriend called me hot, sexy, or fine. Now personally I do not see myself as these things. It's not a lack of self-confidence, I just don't feel that I have that sexy look. Now I appreciate that he thought so, but just once I would have liked to hear pretty or beautiful. I do not know what happened in our culture to make gorgeous or breath-taking out of our vocabularies, but I think that all men should bring it back.
When I am dressed up in a low-cut shirt or party clothes, please feel free to call me sexy or hot or whatever adjective comes to mind. When I am going somewhere more laid back, that's what I try for. But when I am dressed up for whatever reason: a formal dance, a special night out, a friend's birthday to a nice restaurant, please don't say, "dang girl, you're fine." I dunno, maybe some women prefer that, but I'm not one. When I put that much effort into it, I want to hear stunning or beautiful. If you don't believe it, then don't lie to me, obviously. But if you do, please tell me. When I know that you think I look amazing, it boosts my self-confidence that much more for the night. 
If a man says sexy or hot, he's only talking about me physically. But if he says beautiful, I feel like he's talking about all of me. My emotions and my looks directly affect each other. When I look good, I feel good. And  when I feel good, I look good. Now, everyone may not be with me on this. But as it's my blog, I get to say what I want. And I want to be beautiful. Like I said, if you don't think it, don't say it. And if you don't think it, don't expect me to stay with you. Because out there somewhere, there is the guy who thinks I am the most beautiful girl in the world... and he will say it to me.

No comments: