Monday, March 31, 2008

don't let them win

If anyone is reading this, you may be wondering why I titled it: don't let them win. 
Well you see, I kinda like to pretend I'm a motivational speaker haha. Usually it's just me writing things that I wish people had told me. I hate to watch people become discouraged because of what other people say. 

All the time,I see people with low self esteem. Personally, I'm pretty sure of myself. I have no idea where I'm going but I know who I am and where I came from. But whenever I hear a negative comment about me, I can feel a part of my confidence slipping. Words hurt. I don't care how that poem goes.. sticks and stones hurt physically, but words hurt emotionally. And I'm not sure which one is worse in all honestly.
 
Just don't let them win. When someone puts you down, get on up. You can jump back up or slowly rise, but get up. Only you can know who you are and where you're going. Surround yourself by those who will help you. iIgnore those who will hurt or hinder you. If you are told you cannot do something, prove that person wrong. You CAN do anything you set your mind to. 

Don't let them win. If they tell you that you will never graduate high school, then work hard, and ace it. Go to college. Become something. I know it can happen, I've seen people do it. It's not gonna be easy, but it will so be worth it.

Don't let them win. If they call you fat, love your body. If you don't love your body, work on it. Eating disorders are dangerous. Throwing up after your meals is not attractive and very unhealthy. Not eating is not cute in the least on dates and it's not fun with your friends; you miss out on so many wonderful tastes. Eat healthy. Go to the gym. Love yourself. Remind yourself of you good qualities; if you are having problems with this, ask those around you why they love you.

Don't let them win. Be the one to change the world. All around us, we hear that we can't do this and we can't do that. But truthfully, we can. you can do whatever you set your mind do. You can start by making a small difference, just in one person's life and it will spiral, affecting more and more people. 

If you're told you can't, prove them wrong. Whoever "they" are in your life, don't let them win.

No comments: